This tutorial exhibits you the best methods to document your complete display screen or a specific a part of your Mac display screen free of charge, with out the necessity of further apps.
The way to do a display screen video recording on Mac
Right here’s the way to document your Mac’s display screen on macOS Mojave and later. It is possible for you to to document a video of your complete display screen, or choose a selected a part of the display screen when you desire.
1) Press Command + Shift + 5 to open the display screen recording instruments.
2) To document your complete display screen, click on the fourth icon from the left.
3) To document solely part of your display screen, click on the fifth icon from the left.
4) Non-compulsory: Click on Choices to see further settings:
- Save to: Change the place the display screen recording will probably be saved.
- Timer: You may select to begin a 5 or ten second timer to get some leeway earlier than the display screen recording begins after clicking File.
- Microphone: Use this to decide on your Mac’s inside microphone (if obtainable) or some other related mics to document audio within the display screen recording.
- Present Floating Thumbnail: After you are taking a screenshot or display screen recording, its thumbnail stays within the bottom-right nook of the display screen for a couple of seconds. Uncheck this to cease exhibiting this thumbnail when you discover it distracting.
- Bear in mind Final Choice: This retains the settings you select intact for the following time you make a display screen recording. It additionally contains remembering the display screen choice space, thus serving to you are taking screenshots or recordings of the identical measurement or display screen portion a number of occasions.
- Present Mouse Pointer: You need to use this to indicate or disguise the mouse clicks within the display screen recording.
Read more How to use an iPad as a second monitor
5) Lastly, click on File to begin the video recording.
6) When accomplished, click on the cease icon within the high menu bar.
Use QuickTime Participant to video document your Mac’s display screen
On macOS Excessive Sierra and earlier, you don’t have the screenshot toolbar accessed by urgent Command + Shift + 5. On this case (and even present macOS variations) you need to use the QuickTime Participant to display screen document on Mac. Right here’s how:
1) Open the QuickTime Participant from the Launchpad or Functions folder.
3) Click on File on newer variations on macOS. Earlier than that, you possibly can select to document the total display screen or only a half. It’s precisely just like the Command + Shift + 5 methodology proven above.
On older variations, click on the red-white button after which click on anyplace on the display screen to begin the recording of the total display screen or choose a portion to document solely that half.
4) When accomplished, click on the cease icon within the menu bar.
5) The display screen recording will open so that you can preview. Click on the crimson button to avoid wasting the file and shut this window.
The place are my Mac’s display screen recordings saved?
Display screen recordings made on Mac are saved to the desktop by default. You may right-click on the desktop and select Use Stacks to group all display screen recordings below one bundle known as Films.
Associated: The way to change the place screenshots are saved on Mac
What’s the format of Mac’s display screen recordings?
The display screen recordings you do in your Mac are saved in .mov format. You may see the dimensions of the display screen recording file by deciding on it and urgent Command + I.
Associated: The way to scale back video measurement on iPhone and Mac
Can I take screenshots throughout display screen recording on Mac?
Similar to you possibly can click on photos whereas recording a video on iPhone, you possibly can press Command + Shift + 3 or Command + Shift + 4 and take a screenshot whereas Mac’s display screen recording is happening.
- The way to take screenshots on Mac like a professional
- The way to make an iPhone display screen recording with and with out sound
- 30 methods to free cupboard space in your Mac