- There isn't any method to disguise your electronic mail tackle on LinkedIn.
- Nonetheless, you possibly can select to not present it to different LinkedIn members.
- To do that, go to your profile and click on on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Then, scroll all the way down to the “Contact Data” part and uncheck the field subsequent to “Present my electronic mail tackle.
Tips on how to Conceal your Electronic mail Tackle on Linkedin
LinkedIn is a social networking web site for professionals. LinkedIn permits customers to create a profile, in addition to join with different LinkedIn members by the LinkedIn community. LinkedIn can be utilized to assist construct your skilled community and in addition current key items of data associated to your achievements and profession. LinkedIn profiles are searchable, so you could wish to take into consideration whether or not you do really need potential employers or shoppers discovering your electronic mail tackle on LinkedIn.
Right here’s what I did:
1) Go to your LinkedIn profile, click on “Edit Profile” (within the high proper hand nook), scroll down till you see “Contact Settings”.Click on on “Contact Settings” after which click on on “Edit”.
2) Now you may be taken to LinkedIn’s ‘Electronic mail Notifications’ web page. Right here is the place we are able to tailor which LinkedIn notifications we obtain by way of LinkedIn, and in addition resolve whether or not or not we wish our LinkedIn electronic mail tackle displayed publicly (or not). Scroll all the way down to the underside of that web page till you see the next:
Choose Electronic mail Invitation Requests from the dropdown menu, in my case I selected “No”. This implies LinkedIn customers can not ship me LinkedIn invites straight, they must undergo LinkedIn. Then hit ‘Save Adjustments’.
3) You’ll now be taken again to your LinkedIn profile edit web page. In the event you don’t see any modifications right away don’t fear, LinkedIn takes some time to replace. I waited about an hour earlier than checking LinkedIn and it was nonetheless the identical – you possibly can see LinkedIn displayed as my electronic mail tackle, which isn't what I need.
4) Now click on again in your LinkedIn profile once more and go all the way in which to the highest of your LinkedIn profile web page till you see this:
5) Click on on “My Endorsements”. Take a notice of what number of LinkedIn suggestions your LinkedIn profile has at current, then click on again onto your LinkedIn edit web page once more.
6) Now that we're modifying our LinkedIn ‘Contact Settings’ web page as soon as extra, scroll all the way down to the place you'll find:
7a) In the event you obtained all of your LinkedIn endorsements from folks in your personal community (related LinkedIn customers) you then’ll see an ‘X’ subsequent to LinkedIn Contacts. Click on on the down arrow (subsequent to LinkedIn Contacts) and choose “Solely LinkedIn Members Who're LinkedIn Endorsers”.
7b) In the event you obtained LinkedIn endorsements from individuals who weren't beforehand related to LinkedIn (LinkedIn customers apart from your community), or if you need to make it so that you simply obtain LinkedIn invites/requests straight by way of electronic mail, then click on on the checkbox for “Electronic mail Invitation Requests From Everybody besides Myself” . As soon as once more, hit ‘Save Adjustments’.
8) Return to your LinkedIn profile web page as soon as extra – refresh if obligatory. Your LinkedIn tackle will now be hidden from public view!