A standard error that Xbox avid gamers can encounter on their Xbox console when utilizing a wi-fi community is DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names. On this publish, we are going to establish the most certainly explanation for the error and supply probably the most appropriate options to the difficulty.
Whenever you encounter this problem, you’ll obtain the next full error message;
You’ll encounter this problem when the Xbox console can’t resolve a sound DNS handle to connect with the web.
DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names
In the event you’re confronted with this problem, you'll be able to strive our really useful options beneath in no explicit order and see if that helps to resolve the difficulty.
- Arduous restart console and router
- Manually set DNS handle on console
- Change WiFi channel width to 20Mhz
- Reset router to Manufacturing unit Settings
- Use Wired Connection
Let’s check out the outline of the method concerned regarding every of the listed options.
1] Arduous restart console and router
Earlier than you do that answer, just be sure you unplug the primary energy provide of each the console and router, as this may be sure that all of the capacitors are discharged and there aren't any discrepancies when reconnecting to the community.
To onerous restart console and router, do the next:
- Press and maintain the Xbox brand in your console for about 5-Eight seconds till it shuts down fully.
- Unplug the facility cable after shutting it down.
- Now flip off your router and in addition unplug its energy cable.
- Wait for roughly 2-Three minutes earlier than plugging in and turning on each methods.
Attempt connecting your Xbox to the web once more and see if the DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names problem is resolved. If not, strive the subsequent answer.
2] Manually set DNS handle on console
Do the next:
- Open your Xbox console and navigate Settings from the house web page.
- In Settings, choose Community.
- Navigate to Superior settings utilizing the navigation pane current on the left facet of the display screen.
- Choose DNS settings current on the backside left facet of the display screen.
- In DNS settings, choose Guide.
- Now, change the Main DNS handle to 184.108.40.206 and click on Enter to proceed so as to add the secondary DNS handle.
- Change the Secondary DNS handle to 220.127.116.11.
- Press Enter to save lots of your adjustments.
- Now you'll be again to the Wi-fi Settings web page, press B to save lots of your adjustments.
The Xbox console will robotically strive connecting to the web and immediate you if the connection is profitable.
3] Change WiFi channel width to 20Mhz
Choosing the 20Mhz channel width on your router is one other potential decision for this error if that’s not its present channel width.
To alter the router WiFi channel width to 20mhz, do the next:
- Run IPconfig on a Home windows pc.
- Make a remark of the Default Gateway quantity.
- Launch a web-browser.
- Enter your Default Gateway quantity within the URL bar.
- Hit Enter on the keyboard.
- Open the wi-fi settings inside your router’s configuration web page.
- Choose 20Mhz on the Channel Width drop-down menu.
Now, see if the Xbox console connects efficiently to the web, in any other case strive the subsequent answer.
4] Reset router to Manufacturing unit Settings
This error would possibly happen if the router has a unsuitable configuration or setting. To rule out this risk, you'll be able to reset the router to manufacturing unit settings. Right here’s how:
- Press and maintain the Reset button which is in the back of the router for about 10 seconds till all the sunshine on the router flash for as soon as.
- When the router powers again on, verify whether or not the community connection goes again to regular and the Xbox console can join with out points.
Alternatively, you'll be able to reset the router as follows:
- Open the online browser and kind within the router IP handle.
In the event you don’t know the IP handle, you'll be able to verify on the underside of the router.
- Now, enter the WiFi router username and password. By default, each the username and password are admin.
- Go to Instruments > System Instructions.
- Press the Restore Default Settings button if you see it.
If resetting router to manufacturing unit default settings doesn’t resolve the difficulty at hand, strive the subsequent answer.
5] Use Wired Connection
If nothing has labored up to now, you'll be able to think about using a wired connection as an alternative.
Hope this helps!
Associated publish: Can’t connect with Xbox Dwell.