- You'll be able to mirror your iPhone display to a Mac with QuickTime and a Lightning to USB cable, or AirPlay and a third-party app.
- While you mirror your iPhone to Mac with AirPlay, that you must be on the identical Wi-Fi community and use a third-party app like Reflector.
- While you use QuickTime to reflect content material, you do not want AirPlay or the identical Wi-Fi community, however you do want a cable.
- Go to Insider's Tech Reference library for extra tales.
One of many iPhone's best property is its connectivity. Constructed into Apple merchandise are a number of methods to share what you are viewing or engaged on out of your iPhone to a Mac.
This may be helpful if you wish to show a photograph album or app in your laptop, or play video content material immediately from iPhone apps like Hulu .
The downside to mirroring your iPhone to your Mac, nonetheless, is that it's a must to both use the QuickTime app in your Mac, which requires a wired connection, or obtain a third-party app, like Reflector, which makes use of AirPlay. This is do each.
Find out how to mirror your iPhone to a Mac with QuickTime
1. Join your iPhone to your Mac utilizing your Lightning to USB cable.
2. Open QuickTime in your Mac.
3. Click on on "File" within the menu bar on the prime of the display.
4. Click on "New Film Recording."
5. Subsequent to the pink file button (backside center), click on on the down arrow. Choose your iPhone from the record of obtainable units. If it isn't there, attempt disconnecting and reconnecting your iPhone.
6. Your telephone ought to now be absolutely mirrored in your laptop, within the precise form of your iPhone display.
Find out how to mirror your iPhone to a Mac with AirPlay
AirPlay is an Apple function that allows you to wirelessly stream content material from one machine to a different. It is designed for streaming from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac to an Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible sensible TV.
There isn't any direct approach to AirPlay, or display mirror, from an iPhone to a Mac, however you may work round that by downloading a third-party app like Reflector, and connecting each units to the identical Wi-Fi community.
To reflect your iPhone to Mac, first obtain Reflector on Mac. Then open the Management Heart in your iPhone, click on AirPlay, and choose the Mac you need to mirror to.
This is a full step-by-step information.
1. Obtain the Reflector app in your Mac, and open it.
2. You'll be able to both AirPlay content material immediately from an app that permits for AirPlay like Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, or the NFL app, on this instance. Or, you may AirPlay your complete iPhone display by opening the Management Heart.
3. In case you're AirPlaying from inside an app, begin enjoying content material, like a present or film, and hit the AirPlay image (it is a rectangle with a stable triangle on the backside) within the upper-right nook of the video.
In case you're AirPlaying from the Management Heart, choose the "Display screen Mirroring" tile.
4. As soon as you have chosen both the AirPlay image from inside an app or "Display screen Mirroring" from the Management Heart, a pop-up will ask you to pick out a tool — faucet the title of your Mac.
5. Your iPhone will ask for an AirPlay Code, which will probably be displayed in your Mac. Sort the code into the textual content field in your iPhone. Your iPhone content material will now present up on the Reflector program in your Mac.