Our Hyperlink’s Awakening Face Shrine walkthrough exhibits you tips on how to discover the dungeon entrance, navigate each room, remedy each puzzle, and beat each boss. We’ll additionally direct you to any helpful objects — just like the compass, map, keys, chests, particular objects, and the instrument — alongside the best way.
Discovering the Face Key and the Face Shrine is a fairly linear course of, so we’ll hold it collectively within the information beneath. Earlier than we begin, full the buying and selling sequence to get the Boomerang — it’ll be invaluable by way of this dungeon (and simply generally).
Desk of contents
- Discover the Face Key within the Historic Ruins
- Combat the Armos Knight for the Face Key
- Discover the Face Shrine entrance
- Face Shrine objects and boss places
- Discover the Highly effective Bracelet
- Discover the Map, Stone Beak, and Compass
- Clear up puzzles, acquire rupees, return to the doorway
- Flying Tiles and the Owl Statue
- Hop on prime of the crystals to maneuver ahead
- Get a Small Key and discover a mini-boss
- Smasher mini-boss combat
- Clear up one other chess knight puzzle
- Defeat the Pols Voice together with your Ocarina
- Clear up the third chess puzzle
- Dodongo Snakes mini-boss combat
- Discover the Nightmare Key
- Open the Nightmare Door
- Facade boss combat
Discover the Face Key within the Historic Ruins
From Animal Village, loop up and to the precise to search out the Historic Ruins.
There are Armos statues (that look loads like Daleks) that block your progress. Strategy them to activate them, again off, after which hit them twice together with your new Boomerang — as soon as to stun them, and once more to kill them.
Proceed left till you attain the temple on the opposite facet.
Combat the Armos Knight for the Face Key
Replace: Because the feedback beneath and a coworker identified, utilizing spin assaults is a greater solution to deal with the Armor Knight. We’ve up to date this part to mirror that.
Contained in the temple within the Historic Ruins, you’ll meet the Armos Knight.
The Knight will chase you across the room and bounce. When it crashes down, the shock will knock Hyperlink down for a second. Bounce each time he comes right down to keep away from getting surprised.
The best solution to take away its armor and defeat it's with spin assaults. You’ll need to time it rigorously to keep away from its bounce assaults, however you must solely have to hit it 4 instances. (We additionally had a variety of luck attacking with the Bow — the Boomerang also needs to work — from its proper facet.)
Choose up the Face Key.
Within the room above, examine the mural to learn:
Discover the Face Shrine entrance
Return as much as the world above the ruins. Work by way of the maze lifting rocks to get to the highest left.
Swim right down to the tiny island with two Armos. Kill the one on the left to search out some stairs.
Hookshot by way of the tunnel, and exit. The keyhole for Face Shrine is on the precise.
Face Shrine objects and boss places
The map above exhibits an outline of the Face Shrine dungeon. We’ve marked the places of the necessary objects just like the Compass, Stone Beak, and Map, in addition to the Hookshot. We’ve additionally marked the boss fights and the doorway and exit to any side-scrolling tunnels.
Discover the Highly effective Bracelet
The numbers beneath correspond to the numbers on the map above.
- From the doorway, go left and head up. (Boomerang the three Wizzrobes twice every as a result of your sword does nothing. Take out the Spark together with your Boomerang, which is a factor you are able to do now, for a Fairy.)
- On this room, take out the Masks-Mimic and stand on the highest proper orange tile. Boomerang the crystal.
- Bomb the wall on the precise to enter the room with the steps proven above. Defeat the 4 Zols and take the steps that seem by way of the tunnel.
- Go up, open the chest, and get the Highly effective Bracelet.
It says you could possibly raise an elephant, so try this. Undergo the one-way door on the prime.
Discover the Map, Stone Beak, and Compass
- From the Masks-Mimic room, head up, smash the pots, and stand on the change within the prime left nook. Go left by way of the door you simply opened.
- Boomerang all of the Wizzrobes (you'll be able to throw you Boomerang over the raised blue or orange tiles), and a chest will drop with the Face Shrine Map. Be certain that the blue tiles are down, and go up.
- Flip proper. Open the chest within the subsequent room for the Stone Beak.
- Backtrack left, head up, and toss a pot on the door. Go proper, and open the chest for the Compass.
- Climb the steps, and hit the crystal (which ought to flip blue). Comply with the walkway right into a room. Take out the enemies together with your Boomerang. Choose up the Small Key, and backtrack all the best way to the Compass room.
Clear up puzzles, acquire rupees, return to the doorway
At this level, we’re going to go again to the doorway and remedy two puzzles alongside the best way. Doing that can get you rupees, which you’ll use later to buy a tune.
From the Compass room, go left. Choose up an elephant statue and toss it on the door. Go up.
- Choose up the White Knight chess piece. Stand on the white tile excellent of heart alongside the underside row of tiles, and throw it proper.
- Choose up the Black Knight piece. Stand on the black tiles simply left of heart alongside the underside, and throw it left. That may unlock the door on the backside.
- Hit the crystal to decrease the orange tile.
- Go up the steps and open the chest for 100 rupees.
- Go up the steps on the prime, and open the chest on the prime of the steps for a Secret Seashell.
Return to the room the place you bought the Map. Deal with the Wizzrobes, and use your boomerang to open the trail proper.
Stand two squares to the left of the blue tiles, throw your boomerang, and instantly transfer proper. You need to be standing on the blue tiles after they rise. Go proper.
Go up the steps within the higher proper and comply with the trail to the tip to search out an Owl Statue that tells you to Enter the area the place the eyes have partitions …
Within the Masks-Mimic room (the place the arrow begins within the picture above), and ensure the crystal is orange.
Choose up the elephant and toss it on the door on the precise. Undergo and open the chest for 100 rupees. In that room, thrown one other elephant at one other door. Undergo. Transfer the subsequent elephant and open the chest for 50 rupees.
Return to the doorway. (Keep in mind that you would be able to return to the doorway any time with Manbo’s Mambo.)
Flying Tiles and the Owl Statue
From the doorway, go proper by way of the the Flying Tiles room (simply maintain your defend up they usually’ll smash into you), and head up.
- Throw an elephant on the pot door on the precise, and head proper and down.
- Discuss to the Owl Statue to listen to Hop on prime of the crystals to maneuver ahead.
Hop on prime of the crystals to maneuver ahead
- Climb the steps within the backside left.
- Drop onto the orange tile.
- Go up one sq.,
- Bounce to the precise to a different orange tile.
- Climb the steps and bounce over the Blade Entice.
- Go up.
Get a Small Key and discover a mini-boss
- Open the chest for some Secret Medication (this can heal you utterly in case your well being drops to zero).
- Drop off the walkway and comply with the water up till you discover a chest. Open it for a Small Key.
- Within the room with the 2 elephant statues, unlock the door on the prime.
- Bomb the wall on the prime, and go up once more.
Smasher mini-boss combat
This mini-boss combat may be very simple. All you’re doing is dodging the enormous ball when Smasher throws it, after which choosing it up and throwing it again at him. He’ll rush the ball after you hit him with it, however if you happen to’re fast, you will get in a pair hits in a row.
Simply play slightly dodgeball, and also you’ll be accomplished.
Clear up one other chess knight puzzle
- From the Smasher mini-boss, go up. Carry the lefthand elephant and go down the steps. Undergo the underground tunnel.
- After the tunnel, survive one other assault by Flying Tiles. After they’re accomplished, choose up the Small Key that falls, and unlock the block within the higher proper.
- Elephant the door on the left and undergo.
- Choose up the white knight, and stand beneath the left socket. Throw it to the precise.
- Choose up the black knight, and stand beneath the precise socket. Throw it to the left.
Defeat the Pols Voice together with your Ocarina
From the hallway chess puzzle, go left and down the steps. Sprint underneath the Thwomps to the precise.
Within the room with the three Pols Voices (Pols’ Voice?), equip your Ocarina and play Marin’s Ballad of the Wind Fish to defeat all three directly.
Clear up the third chess puzzle
From the Pols Voice room, snake up by way of the subsequent room. (Bounce and throw your boomerang to gather the floating bombs.)
Once you attain the subsequent chess puzzle, hit the crystal, and go up the steps on the left for 300 rupees.
- Drop off the precise facet of the platform and hit the crystal once more.
- Choose up the white knight. Stand 4 tiles from the left, second tile up, and throw it left.
- Choose up the black knight. Stand on the underside left nook blue tile, and throw it proper.
Go down till you attain the Dodongo mini-boss combat.
Dodongo Snakes mini-boss combat
Deal with these Dodongo Snakes the identical means you probably did in Key Cavern. Place, after which choose up a bomb, and throw it proper in entrance of them. You’ve acquired the added hazard of the holes within the ground, however these holes additionally make the snakes slightly extra predictable. Feed every of them a couple of bombs to defeat them.
Discover the Nightmare Key
- From the Dodongo Snakes mini-boss combat, go left. Hookshot throughout the water. Unlock the block and go up.
- Hit the chest with a pot to open it and get the Nightmare Key.
Open the Nightmare Door
- Return to the Smasher room. (You'll be able to play Manbo’s Mambo to return to the doorway after which portal to the room.) Go up after which down the steps.
- Undergo the tunnel, after which exit to the underside proper. Loop across the room with the Vacuum Mouth to take out all of the Inexperienced Zols and unlock the door. Go proper.
- Bounce the hole up, kill the Wizzrobe, push the block proper, and go up. (Simply be careful for the Beamos.)
- There are two Sparks right here that you would be able to flip into Fairies together with your Boomerang. Open the Nightmare Door.
Facade boss combat
For the primary section of this combat, simply run round and block the entire Flying Tiles.
After they’re all gone, Facade will begin shifting across the room. Run near him, and drop a bomb on or close to his face. Run away to keep away from the holes that open within the ground.
Repeat the bomb-on-the-face a couple of instances to defeat him.
Choose up your Coronary heart Container, and go as much as discover the Coral Triangle instrument.
Again outdoors, Owl will inform you to go to the Mountain Tower.