Why is Mac Mail not working?
With a brand new macOS on the market, some Mac customers have encountered Mac Mail issues following an try and replace their macOS. The issue was reported on quite a lot of latest macOS variations.
In case you are experiencing any of the issues listed beneath, we’ve received fixes to get your Mac Mail working because it ought to. Regardless of quite a few enhancements from the earlier working methods, there weren't too many adjustments made to the Mail App in Massive Sur and Monterey.
Nonetheless, there have, and had been quite a few experiences of the app crashing or unexpectedly quitting, which is why fixes and workarounds are at the moment wanted to make sure the Mail app works because it ought to.
Listed here are quite a lot of issues and 12 fixes for many who've encountered surprising points with Mac Mail.
1. Mail not launching since macOS replace
This is likely one of the commonest issues individuals preserve encountering, and it appears the repair is fairly easy too.
Repair: Launch the Mac Mail app out of your Purposes
If Mail launches that approach, drag the icon out of the Dock. As soon as that has vanished, drag the icon — a replica of will probably be made —again into the Dock. Then shut Mail and try and open it once more through the Dock. Offering that works, your drawback is mounted.
2. Mail crashing or working gradual
Now, if the above resolution would not work and Mail is both crashing or working slowly, there are different methods you will get it working easily once more. Nobody will be with out entry to e mail for too lengthy!
Repair 1: Pressure Stop the Mail app
Do that the standard approach, and if that does not work, transfer onto the subsequent step.
Repair 2: Restart Mail utilizing the Exercise Monitor
- Go to Exercise Monitor via Highlight, Siri, or Utilities.
- Kind ‘Mail’ into the search operate.
- Now click on on the X image to drive shut.
- Try and restart the standard approach - or take it out of the Dock and put it again in (repair #1), earlier than attempting to drive give up the Mail app.
Repair 3: Delete saved Mail states
If the options above do not work, let’s begin to filter out some prior-state recordsdata in your Mac.
This requires going into your hidden Library folders.
- Open Finder > Go to Folder...
- Now maintain the Possibility key and Choose Library to open these folders.
- Discover this folder: Containers > com.apple.mail > Knowledge > Library > Saved Software State
- Inside that, transfer this folder into Trash: com.apple.mail.savedState
- Empty the Trash and attempt to restart Mac Mail the standard approach.
Necessary: Again up the talked about folder so you'll be able to put it again if one thing goes mistaken.
If that has labored, you'll be able to restart Mail and it ought to be working easily. If not, there are different options beneath, and a few that do not contain fairly a lot digging inside Library folders and recordsdata - which are not at all times really easy to seek out for many who aren't Mac energy customers.
Read more [SOLVED]: Unable to Open Trash on Mac
3. Mail folders lacking
In some instances, these issues have brought on Mail folders to go lacking - with out these, the app gained’t work, so there are answers to those that the majority customers can handle with out an excessive amount of problem to get the Mail app working once more.
Repair: Examine your Mail Connections
- Open the Mail app.
- Go to the Window within the prime menu and click on on Connection Physician.
- It will present whether or not there are issues with connecting to the Mail app.
- Now re-check account settings and delete and re-add your Mail account to reset this.
- Your Mail app and each e mail ought to be accessible once more.
4. Mail app is gradual
Generally your Mail is gradual as a result of it has to take care of tons of open home windows buried beneath different apps.
Repair: Merge Mail home windows
5. Mail app junk
As outlined above, there are a selection of fixes for Mail not working. A few of them require a certain quantity of technical confidence and know-how. It is usually value noting that deleting the mistaken folder or file inside Library might disable one other app by accident. However, fortunately, there's software program that may do all of the fixing for you.
Repair 1: Restore Mail settings with CleanMyMac X
CleanMyMac X is a Mac upkeep app that's notarized by Apple. It is developed by MacPaw, the makers of assorted productiveness instruments for Mac. The newest model of CleanMyMac has instruments that provide help to troubleshoot Mail, past different issues.
- Obtain CleanMyMac X free version.
- Click on on Mail Attachments.
Now, in the event you click on Scan, the app will seek for pointless recordsdata in Mail it may possibly delete.
Now open Mail once more — it ought to be working nearly as good as new.
Repair 2: Reset the Mail App (nuclear choice)
One of many fast fixes that works in 99% of the instances is to “reset” the Mail App. I exploit CleanMyMac X for this operation. It doesn’t delete this system itself however brings it again to its default state. This operation solves many app conflicts and incompatibilities. Additionally, your consumer recordsdata keep protected and usually are not being affected.
To allow this function it is advisable do one preliminary step: open CleanMyMac X Preferences.
We have simply allowed CleanMyMac X to reset your Mail app.
The reset process:
- Launch the Uninstaller device in CleanMyMac X.
- Select Mail app within the record of Apple apps.
- Click on on the Uninstall button with arrows — this reveals the Reset button.
- Click on Reset.
As we talked about above, CleanMyMac X is a extremely helpful Mac efficiency enchancment app. It comes with a complete load of options and instruments that enhance how a Mac runs and may get your Mail app up and working once more with out stress or it taking very lengthy. Hope you're receiving mail once more — keep tuned for extra Mac suggestions.